2014 OPSB Charter School Request For Applications (RFA) Process
Thank you for your interest in serving the students and families of Orleans Parish by applying to operate a Type 1 or Type 3 charter school.
UPDATED 3/14: The 2014 OPSB Charter School RFA Part 1 (Notice Of Intent & Eligibility Review) is now closed. All applicants should have received confirmation of eligibility from the Charter School Office. Applicants are strongly encouraged to log-in to FluidReview to retrieve access information for the Webinar being held at 2 p.m., CST on Monday, March 17th, 2014.
2014 Orientation Materials
The OPSB Charter School Office hosted an informational session for prospective applicants on Monday, February 24, 2014 at OPSB’s Central Office. A copy of the presentation can be accessed here: 2014 RFA Orientation
2014 Application Materials
- Part 1: (THIS PHASE IS NOW CLOSED)
- Notice of Intent & Eligibility Review, is located here: 2014 Part 1 Application.
- All prospective applicants must complete Part 1 and receive confirmation of eligibility to apply from the OPSB Charter School Office in order to proceed to the full application.
- Part 1 is due no later than 12:00 p.m. CST on Friday, March 7, 2014. Late applications cannot be accepted.
- Applications may be submitted in one of two ways:
- Part 2, Application and Supplementary Materials, is located here: 2014 Part 2 Application
- Please note that Part 2 may only be submitted after an applicant’s eligibility to apply has been confirmed by the OPSB Charter School Office.
- Part 2 is due no later than 2:00 p.m. CST on Friday, April 4, 2014. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
- Part 2 documents must be uploaded via the FluidReview portal
Citywide Authorizer Priorities
NEW for 2014: OPSB has adopted strategic priorities to guide its charter authorization efforts, based on an assessment of the district’s needs and future goals. These strategic priorities have been adopted by the Board and released to the public prior to the close of the application period. Alignment with the district’s strategic priorities will be considered as a primary factor for all applicants in the proposal evaluation process.
The 2014 Citywide Authorizer Priorities can be viewed here: Authorizer Priorities
2014 OPSB Charter School RFA Timeline
|RFA Release||February 4 –Part 1
February 19 –Part 2
|Applicant Information Session & RFA Orientation||February 24|
|Type 1 Proposal Overview & Eligibility Documentation Due||March 7|
|Type 3 Conversion — Notice of Intent & Eligibility Documentation Due||March 7|
|Type 3 Conversion – Demonstrated Support Procedures Administered||March 14 – March 28|
|Type 1 and Type 3 – Complete Applications due||April 4, 2:00 pm CST|
|Type 3 Conversion – Demonstrated Support Procedures Results Announced||April 7|
|Re-submission deadline||April 9|
|Final Completeness re-check||April 11|
|Independent Evaluation||April 14-May 16|
|Requests for Clarification presented to applicants||May 27|
|Deadline for applicant responses to Request for Clarification||June 3|
|Capacity Interview (All applicants are required to hold both dates)||June 9 – 10|
|Evaluator Recommendations presented to applicants and OPSB staff||June 27|
|Deadline for applicant response to NACSA recommendation||July 7|
|OPSB Administration Recommendations presented to applicants and Board||July 15|
|OPSB Accountability Committee Meeting – Public Hearing||July 17|
|OPSB July Board Business Meeting – Final Decisions||July 22|
Additional Resources for Applicants
Prospective applicants may also wish to review:
· The Louisiana Common Charter Application, which is available on the Louisiana Department of Education’s website, link here
· The additional resources page of this website, which provides links to outside resources that may assist in preparing your application, link here
District Application Contact
Should you have additional questions regarding any aspect of the 2014 OPSB Charter School RFA process, the OPSB Charter School Office primary contact for all RFA-related matters is:
Colleston Morgan, Jr.
Director, Charter School Performance & Accountability
For information on OPSB’s 2013 Charter School RFA process, click here.
For additional resources for prospective applicants, click here.
All responses to the Charter School RFA submitted to OPSB are public records, pursuant to the Louisiana Public Records Law, LSA-R.S. 44:1 et seq.
Print Friendly Version